Grilled Veggie Quesadilla
Craving cheese, but don’t want to wreck your diet? Bursting with a rainbow of vegetables and oozing with melted cheese, this roasted veggie quesadilla is just the ticket.
- ½ medium red bell pepper, stem and seeds removed and discarded, cut into four pieces
- 1 medium Portobello mushroom, cut into ½-inch slices
- ½ medium onion, cut into ½-inch slices
- 1 medium zucchini, sliced diagonally into ¼-inch slices
- 1 medium summer squash, sliced diagonally into ¼-inch slices
- 2 tsp. olive oil, divided use
- 4 (8-inch) whole wheat tortillas
- 4 tsp. prepared pesto sauce
- 4 Tbsp. mozzarella cheese (2 oz.)
- 4 Tbsp. soft goat cheese (2 oz.)
Here are your instructions:
Preheat grill or broiler to high.
Brush bell pepper, mushroom, onion, zucchini, and summer squash with 1 tsp. oil.
Grill or broil vegetables for 3 to 5 minutes on each side, or until tender. Set aside.
Heat ½ tsp. oil in large nonstick skillet over medium heat.
Place two tortillas in skillet; cook, turning once, for 1 to 2 minutes.
Top each tortilla with 1 tsp. pesto sauce, 1 Tbsp. mozzarella cheese, 1 Tbsp. goat cheese, and ¼ of grilled vegetables. Fold tortilla in half; cook, for 4 to 5 minutes, turning once, until cheese is melted and tortilla is golden brown. Repeat with remaining tortillas and ingredients; cook in remaining ½ tsp. oil.